Re: Mechanical fuel pump breakdown

Subject: Re: Mechanical fuel pump breakdown
From: Nigel Charles <72016.3721@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 06:59:21
Message text written by Graham Singleton
>The reason I learned is that if the electric pump is left on it will
deliver most or all of the fuel, the mechanical pump will then get hot. It
does that anyway on the Rotax. It needs continuous fuel flow to cool it.
Some Piper Comanches had a parallel system and it did cause problems.
<

I totally agree with the above which is why my parallel system only brings
on the electrical pump when its required (ie any situation where the
mechanical pump is already failing to provide fuel pressure).

Nigel Charles