Re: Long range fuel tanks

Subject: Re: Long range fuel tanks
From: William Mills <combined.merchants@virgin.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 22:05:23
Hello again David,
It is quite easy to make your own device.  Take a nylon "Body Shop" bottle,
about 4" to 6" long (your wife might have one) Cut a suitable size hole in
the side near to the bottom, line the sharp edge with 1/4" dia silicone
tubing after slitting it from end to end and applying it with silicone
sealant.  Epoxy a 3/8" dia ali tube into the bottle neck with enough
protruding from the neck to take a long length of silicone tubing.  store
the device in the thigh support locker and route the tubing into the wheel
well and out into the air flow pointing rearwards.  It works very well.  A
bottle of disinfectant in the hangar is all you need to service it.
Regards
William