Re: Speaking of wing fairings

Subject: Re: Speaking of wing fairings
From: J. R. Jones <jronjones@lineone.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 15:22:18
Hi Cleve,
I too ended up with a slightly wavy gap up tp 3/16 wide in places.
Using a heat gun (paint stripper type) very carefully and sliding the wing
out a few inches to protect the fuse, I found it relatively easy to reduce
the gap to a very even 1/8". I heated about 4-6" at a time, sliding the wing
in each time to check.
Now that the gap has been sealed with white silicone sealer (having waxed
the fuselage well!) I have difficulty convincing folk that the wings DO come
off!!
It took about an hour to re-shape each fairing and was well worth the time
and effort. GO FOR IT!
You must be getting close to that big day?

Best of luck,
Ron Jones.
(XS No. 359. G-RJWX)