The Forum - the Good News and the Bad News

Subject: The Forum - the Good News and the Bad News
From: John Cliff <john@crixbinfield.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 15:04:03
The good news is that Avnet have conducted a targeted drains-up on the system
which hosts the Forum and its mail service.  They have fixed the problems which
have been causing it to jam or crash frequently for the past two months.  It
should therefore run reliably again in the future (and as you may have observed
it has not crashed for 4 days now).

The bad news is that we still await the rebuild of the majordomo service that
the Forum is hosted by.  This means that, until this is done, we will continue
to run with the lash-up extension list, called newforum, for the 160 subscribers
who were dropped when majordomo's subscriber database was corrupted in May.
This  means a bit more hassle for posters, but I think everyone is getting all
posted messages.

To recap :-

  If you post a message you may get a message from the server saying you are not
a 'member' and your posting is being stalled.  Ignore it.  'Approval' (by me)
will follow next time I log in.

  If you are on the 'newforum' please post all messages to
forum@europaclub.org.uk just as usual, not to newforum in any way.

Apologies for this mess.  I am as sick of it as you are.

John Cliff
Europa Forum minder