Speaking of wing fairings

Subject: Speaking of wing fairings
From: clevelee@cswebmail.com
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 08:58:57
I am not pleased with the distance between the inside edge of my wing fairings
and the fuselage sides.  Done per the instructions, I used mixing sticks to get
the 2mm gap, wich given some unevenness in the molded pieces and the curvature
of the fuselage, resulted in about a 3/16 gap. (One of those things where you
knew better, i.e make it flush, before you did it)

So, now I need to 'bend' in the flange or otherwise get a better fit.  I've
tried a 'paint stripper' heat gun, but have not gone at it aggressively. (and
don't want to do it while the wings are mounted - too easy to damage the
fuselage.) Is this a viable option?  Also, I'm concerned that it will end up
somewhat wavey.  Anybody have any thoughts?

Thanks,
Cleve Lee
A198 Mono XS N396ST
Detroit