Speaking of wing fairings

Subject: Speaking of wing fairings
From: Nigel Charles <72016.3721@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2002 03:38:48
Message text written by INTERNET:clevelee@cswebmail.com
>So, now I need to 'bend' in the flange or otherwise get a better fit.
I've
tried a 'paint stripper' heat gun, but have not gone at it aggressively.
(and
don't want to do it while the wings are mounted - too easy to damage the
fuselage.) Is this a viable option?  Also, I'm concerned that it will end
up
somewhat wavey.  Anybody have any thoughts?<

If the gap is even it might be better to add extra thickness all around. As
you say if you start bending it you are likely to end up with a wavey edge
which would be even more difficult to deal with. If the gap is 3/16" all
around you might think of using a strip of 1/4" foam (about 1/2" wide).
This would then compress slightly as the wing is fitted.

Nigel Charles