Re: Subaru & VP prop

Subject: Re: Subaru & VP prop
From: Kevin Taylor <kevin@eastyorkshire.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 22:07:16
Nigel & all,

Thanks for the info I believe im not getting near the RPM limit even at full
fine so that looks like it was set up like that.

One other point as the engine has the NSI output module and the prop can
effectively free wheel I wonder if I were in a dive if the prop would
effectively be running faster than the output from the gear box thus the
prop would not be over speeding the engine, just the engine would have no
load?

I realised yesterday that I have a problem. The insurance said I could do a
check out with the previous owner as he was a retired instructor. However
the question of differences training on the VP prop aircraft came up during
a chat with a colleague. I now understand I need to be signed off for a VP
prop as a differences rating. In the meantime it was suggested that I can
put the prop to mid range and over ride the prop by pulling the circuit
breaker, thus making it a ground adjustable prop. To be whiter than white I
guess I should disconnect the wire at the prop so that there is no
suggestion I could reset the breaker in flight. Until I can get a check ride
with a PFA coach or rated instructor.

Regards

Kevin