Re: Subaru & VP prop

Subject: Re: Subaru & VP prop
From: Kevin Taylor <kevin@islandtelecom.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 18:55:48
Nigel,

Thanks for the reply, the switch setting sounds a good idea.

I did question the previous owner if it is possible to overspreed the engine
as the NSI has an electronic rev limiter so will that make a difference? (Im
not sure it would overspeed would it)

I understand the limiter is set a 5600 and next time im rolling I will
inspect how close it gets to that if I don't add that little bit of fine.

I was interested to see an amendment from NSI which increase the max
allowable rpm from the previous limit of 5600 to a never exceed speed of
6500 and the max continuous change from 5500 to 5800. I find this a bit
confusing which makes me wonder how much of the 100hp I get at 5600 the
previous and currently set limit. Im not suggesting I want to mess with it
but interesting none the less.

Im kind of thinking that the only concern with the MP is the only way I
could mess it up is allowing the engine to over rev if I had the nose down
and full throttle selected.

Also still interested in settings for best climb which I can only assume
must be best achieved at fully fine.

Thanks and regards

Kevin