Re: Fuel flow

Subject: Re: Fuel flow
From: Nigel Charles <72016.3721@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 07:51:42
Message text written by "LTS"
>elba offer a duel sender computer at 675 Euros or about 430. We sell them
in the UK. When fitting these senders its important to ensure they don't
become contaminated with debris of any kind.<

Be aware that the Elba senders tend to constrict the fuel flow. I know of
one case where it prevented the engine from passing the fuel flow check.
The owner subsequently fitted the more expensive Floscan unit which cured
the problem. Individual Floscan senders cost about $160 when I bought mine
about 4 years ago. Their casings are made from cast aluminium with 1/8" NPT
female threads rather than plastic/nylon with push-on pipe fittings which
partially accounts for the higher price.

Nigel Charles