Re: Rotax 914 breakin

Subject: Re: Rotax 914 breakin
From: Rob Housman <RobH@hyperionef.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 07:38:07
Go to
http://www.rotax-aircraft-engines.com/aircraft/aircraft.nsf/index?Openpage
and select Engine Type as "914UL" and Document Type as "Service Instruction"
and click on "Search Database" to get a list of all Service Instructions.
Scroll down (or search for) SI-18-1997  and then download d01270.pdf which
is the mandatory policy on "Selection of Motor Oil and General Operating
Tips...."  This document is referenced in the "Rotax Operator's Manual for
all versions of Rotax 914" in section 10.2.3.Lubricants.

I have searched the Adobe Acrobat version of the Operator's Manual and the
only reference to "break-in" is where we must sign the Warranty Registration
Card stating that "I have read and understood the Operator's Manual in its
entirety and carefully followed the described break-in procedure."
Wonderful.  We are expected to understand and follow a procedure that is not
revealed to us.

In re: forum traffic.  Today is the first day since 20 July that any
messages came through to me.

Best regards,

Rob Housman
A070