Rotax 914 breakin

Subject: Rotax 914 breakin
From: DJA727@aol.com
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 11:18:30
Does anyone know if there is a recommended oil type for the break-in of the
Rotax
914? I am about to start for the first time and all I can find is the
recommended
oil of numerous viscosities. Right now, I am planning to use 10-40 of the
recommended type (I will be using BMW motorcycle oil) for the break-in period
(whatever that is) and then 10-50 after that.

Not much traffic on the discussion board. I winder if I am still connected?

Thanks,

Dave Anderson
A227 mono high aspect ration aircraft - about to close out wings and start
engine.