Re: Rotax 914 breakin

Subject: Re: Rotax 914 breakin
From: Paul Boulet <possible2do@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 21:50:28

 Hi Dave;
Just thought I'd post so you'd know at least one person got your msg.  I just
closed
my wings out last night and am now wiring up my instrument panel.  I'm waiting
on my 914 from Rotax....been told to expect at least another 30 day wait
(it's been 45 days I think).  I'm chompin at the bit to fly and hope to be doing
so by fall.
I'd also like to know what type oil to use for breakin....
Paul Boulet, A212, Malibu, CA
  DJA727@aol.com wrote: Does anyone know if there is a recommended oil type for
the break-in of the Rotax 914? I am about to start for the first time and all
I can find is the recommended oil of numerous viscosities. Right now, I am
planning
to use 10-40 of the recommended type (I will be using BMW motorcycle oil)
for the break-in period (whatever that is) and then 10-50 after that.

Not much traffic on the discussion board. I winder if I am still connected?

Thanks,

Dave Anderson
A227 mono high aspect ration aircraft - about to close out wings and start
engine.
The Europa Forum is supported by Aviators Network UK
In the event of problems contact