Re: 912 vs 912S

Subject: Re: 912 vs 912S
From: Thomas Scherer <europa81@web.de>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 21:35:06
20 hp.

I have converted my Classic Mono into a Trigear within 6 weeks of working
part-time. The kit from the company is complete and goes in easy. It just
hurts so bad to cut into a perfectly finished and painted skin and even make
layups on the outside (after sanding off your wet-look paint). The
installation is rugged and well documented. Make sure you also install the
speed kit for looks and performance afterwards.

Weight penalty comes around 35 pounds - as you will not be able to remove
all structure of the old tailwheel.

I would not have crossed two oceans in a mono - too much fear of crosswind.
Yet still I fly into grass strips with the Tri - it uses however
considerable more runway on take-off.

Sincerely,

<Thomas, N81EU>