Re: Aerobatics in Tris vs Monos

Subject: Re: Aerobatics in Tris vs Monos
From: LTS <lts@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 10:55:12
Bear in mind the Rotax is not aerobatic. If you do aerobatics using a 912
variant you are at risk of dramatically reducing the life of your engine. It
has been tried on an aircraft not dissimilar to a Europa. Obviously the more
you do the greater the risk. The occasional mild +ve manoeuvre probably does
little damage whereas frequently letting the oil pressure fall is likely to
send the otherwise very reliable Rotax to an early grave.

Jerry
                    Jerry@ban-bi.com   or    LTS@avnet.co.uk
                    www.Ban-bi.com     or   www.avnet.co.uk/touchdown