Re: Aerobatics in Tris vs Monos

Subject: Re: Aerobatics in Tris vs Monos
From: McFadyean <ami@mcfadyean.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 20:26:47
On Tuesday, May 14, 2002 1:19 PM, Tony Renshaw
[SMTP:tonyrenshaw@ozemail.com.au] wrote:

Lastly, I wonder about the flight
> characteristics of the conventional taildraggers out there, the one or
two
> varieties that I know of. In anticipation.
>> Tony Renshaw

There is no discernable difference.
Also, the prototype conventional gear aircraft (G-RICS) reported no speed
degradation upon conversion (from the monowheel). Can't confirm whether
that was true or not or whether it was carried out under comparable
conditions.
But the addition of leg fairings adds about 7knts.
I wouldn't dare to suggest that this makes it faster than a monowheel!! To
date, no wheel fairings have been tried.

Duncan McF