Re: Aerobatics in Tris vs Monos

Subject: Re: Aerobatics in Tris vs Monos
From: Paul Sweeting <Paul.Sweeting@ntl.com>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 16:21:12
Please tell me if I'm wrong - did I not read that the Wilksch diesels oil
system could cope with any orientation and of course it does not have a
carb...
So does the aerobatic capability outweigh (sorry excuse the pun) the problem
with extra weight / less fuel??
I certainly would like my proposed aircraft to be able to cope with light
aerobatics without the risk of engine damage..

The grob 103 Twin II acro gliders I used to fly could be easily flown
aerobatic with little energy loss, it was easy to perform 5 or 6 consecutive
loops with negligible loss in height, perhaps glider wings with the engine
off is preferable for aerobatics??

cheers

Paul.