Re: 2nd try - Dive Brakes....

Subject: Re: 2nd try - Dive Brakes....
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 22:52:57
> "I have only about 20 min in an Europa, but I seem to remember that
> several people have said that the ship exhibits excellent sideslip
> characteristics, is that not good enough? Or is it that those flying
> bricks with tons of thrust have gotten you accostumed to much more
breaking?         > Alex, kit 529"
            Now, now, Alex,
                Those flying bricks will glide over one hundred miles
without tons of thrust - show me the brick that will; better yet , throw me
the brick.
            I have little experience with the Europa - a short sample flight
plus 20 minutes with my nephew - so am not sure of the aerodynamics in
sideslip. That takes several hours of testing fully, but it's not to be
played with. A certain spamcan is famous for taking wide-eyed tyros into the
weeds from great heights when the flaps blank the tail.
            I was hoping my plea would reach parts other ales can't find.
Cheers, Ferg