Re: pop rivets

Subject: Re: pop rivets
From: Kevin Klinefelter <kevann@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 02:38:36
Hi Ralph, I bought a large drill index with fractions and # sizes. The
manual may say 3.3mm (1/8") but the correct size is a #30 which is a tiny
bit larger. I don't know what the #'s mean but they work out to exactly the
right sizes for rivets. I also got a cheap digital caliper to check drill
bit to bolt or screw or rivet before drilling. Some of the pre-drilled alum.
Parts (like the flap hinges) are just not quite big enough for the bolts to
go in. Then its nice to some reamers to enlarge the hole just enough for a
perfect fit of the bolt or screw.
Kevin A211