Re: pop rivets

Subject: Re: pop rivets
From: DaveMiller@ca.cgugroup.com
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 15:01:18
 04/15/2002 03:06:10 PM,

Richard,

I think that part of the problem is that drill bits do not actually cut a
round hole, I use a 1/8th round file, a couple of turns by hand takes off
the high spots on the hole

[TABLE NOT SHOWN]

Just a quick question. Is there a secret to making pop rivets fit the
holes? I cafefully drill my holes with a pillar drill and with the work
clamped in a drill clamp but the rivets always seem too big for the
holes.
The temptation is to use a hand drill and waggle it about a bit to open
up
the holes slightly but I'm sure this isn't good practice.

Any suggestions?

Richard Iddon (XS tri 533)