Re: pop rivets

Subject: Re: pop rivets
From: Alexander P. de C. Kaarsberg <kaarsber@terra.com.br>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 14:36:49
Richard,
I was thinking about that myself last week, when I remembered that when
you drill glassfiber, the drill can't quite cut the fiber itself so much
as the resin- that leaves some fiber in the perimeter of the hole and
makes it tight. Try a drill bit 1/10mm bigger....? The important thing
must be that it is a good fit, which you don't get giving in to the
temtation of givin' it a wiggle.
Alex