Re: Fuel Capacity Question

Subject: Re: Fuel Capacity Question
From: Alan D Stewart <alan.stewart@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 09:01:39
FX has one of the early tanks and I estimate total capacity of just
under 85 litres. (84.7 measured to the top of the filler).

Initially, it did bulge and in the summertime you could see a mark on
the side of the fuselage. It has now settled back.

I reckon each side of the saddle holds around 10 litres (20 mins maximum
flying on reserve since not all is useable, enough to find an emergency
landing spot).

Therefore I always figure on just over 70 litres useable on main
allowing for error, with no reserve. Gives a theoretical maximum of 4hrs
of safe flying on main @ 17.5 litres/hr.

Alan