Re: rudder core

Subject: Re: rudder core
From: Rob Housman <RobH@hyperionef.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 16:30:54
It isn't a big deal.  All it requires is a bit of trial and error to get the
fit right after the stern post is installed, and then repair the "damage" by
covering the exposed foam with more epoxy-fiberglass.  Since you can not
anticipate how things will go together, this seems like the right way to do
this (as annoying as it is at the time you discover your otherwise good
rudder work must be attacked with a saw (or whatever is your weapon of
choice).  I also found that I had to whack a chunk off the bottom of the
rudder to mount the XTW09 Rudder Horn on my XS.  Again, no big deal.

Best regards,

Rob Housman
A070