3/8inch tubing fittings

Subject: 3/8inch tubing fittings
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 10:10:40

Cheers,
            I sent the following to the 'engines' list at Matronics (cousin
to Bob Nuckolls' aeroelectric list), which although recently well-attended
has fallen silent on my plea:

        ....a little past the page 100 point, Aircraft Spruce catalog show
the
fittings for 3/8inch alum. tubing - which I have chosen for my fuel system.
Just in case, I also ordered a packet of "DEL 37deg FITTING SEALS" of the
proper size and have then sitting beside me.
        Am about to mount the cockpit module into the fuselage and wish to
test the lines for pressure integrity but don't know whether these 'seals'
are for later inclusion where damage to abutting faces is suspected or where
a leak occurs.
        Does anyone use these, and are they used from the outset, or for
vetting leaks as found? Do they have drawbacks - aging, deterioration, or
damaging effects of any kind?
        Willing to learn.....
    Ferg Kyle
diesel Europa A064