Re: Humidity and epoxy

Subject: Re: Humidity and epoxy
From: Jeremy Davey <jeremycrdavey@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 10:04:19
I thought humidity specifically refers to water vapour - i.e. H2O in
gaseous form? Humidity is 100% in mist/fog (tiny water droplets) either
because the droplets evaporate to saturate the air with vapour (e.g.
when you leave the kettle on in a room and it fills with steam), or
because the vapour is condensing from saturated air to form the droplets
(e.g. that fog we so love on the M40 in winter (apologies here to the
non-Brits for the reference)).

Condensation forms when the vapour touches a cool surface and reverts to
liquid form, and is one source of water that can cause delamination -
rain, spillages, etc. being others. To form ice and cause delamination,
the vapour must first condense.

Could someone please correct me if I've got this wrong!

Regards,
Jeremy

Jeremy Davey
Europa XS monowheel 537M