Re: Sleeving Outrigger Pivot bolts

Subject: Re: Sleeving Outrigger Pivot bolts
From: Neville Eyre <NEVILLE@europaaircraft.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 12:31:27
Tony,

The current design includes bushes in the W21 outrigger plates which are
renewable.
The bushes are FL9 bushes which are also used elsewhere in the lap / outrigger
mechanism.  They are held in with Loctite.  If you would like some we can
supply them at  0.70 each plus the usual VAt and p &p.

Regards,

Roger Bull

>>> Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw@ozemail.com.au> 04/11/02 09:00am >>>
Andy and Forum,
I am not far off mounting my flaps and setting up my outriggers on my
Classic Mono. Reading past issues of "The Europa Flyer Issue 16", I read an
article by John Scott of Cambridge where he mentions drilling out the OR1s
and sleeving them with appropriately lengthed 3/8"OD and 1/4"ID sleeving so
that the bolts supporting the OR1s don't rotate within the W21 plates
creating wear. The other option is to lockwire the end of the bolts to
avoid rotation, so that the OR1s do what they are supposed to do and rotate
about the bolts, not make the bolts rotate. Any help or ideas on this or
other problems with the outrigger setup would be appreciated. I have been
out of the fold for a while and may have missed either factory solutions,
or builder solutions to this part of the build and like all of us, I want
to get it as good as I can the first time
Reg
Tony Renshaw
Builder No.236
Sydney Australia