Flange to trailing edge measurements. Reply

Subject: Flange to trailing edge measurements. Reply
From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 16:05:51
Bob,
Hi from Sydney, and the return of a disgruntled, lost in the wilderness fellow
builder. well I hope I am back for a while, time will tell. We seem to be at
similar stages. Why are you extending the flap closeout, or at least the wing
trailing edge in proximity of the flap? You've lost me as to why you need it.
Where exactly are you extending?
Reg
Tony Renshaw
P.S. first trailing edge skin done a couple of days ago and cut away the
trailing edge to expose the flap closeout area. The next remaining  underside
skin will be done next week after work commitments, and as soon as I can con
someone into helping me. Not a hard job though. I think in fact I could do it
myself, but it would probably take a few hours, maybe as much as 4-5.

From: "stevecharron" <stevecharron@my-bits-and-pcs.com>
>Subject: Re:  Flange to trailing edge measurements.
>

>> I had pre skinned ailerons with the same discrepancy . My resolution to
>> this problem was to install a bid extention to the aileron , install the
>> aieron onto the wing , run string from wing tip trailing edge to flap
>> trailing edge and trim down to the string - leaving a bit extra meet to
>> work with.
>> Steve c a190 www.goflyin.com/europa
>> KarkelB@aol.com wrote:
>>
>> > From: KarkelB@aol.com
>> > Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 14:30:13 EST
>> > Subject: Re:  Flange to trailing edge measurements.
>> >
>> > Hi Folks,
>> >              just completed my ailerons and measured the distance from
>the
>> > flange to the trailing edge on either side of each aileron. Found on
>> > the port
>> > aileron the difference was 1cm and on the starboard aileron the
>difference
>> > was 2cm. I suspect an error when the foam was being hot wired.
>> > Can someone please measure the distance of a completed aileron from the
>> > flange to the trailing edge and let me know what the measurements are.
>> > Preferably if its already fitted to the wing( XS WINGS) .
>> >
>> >    regards Karim.

Reg
Tony Renshaw
Builder No.236