NSI Engines

Subject: NSI Engines
From: Kevin Taylor <kevin@ukmicrolights.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 09:10:42
All,

Thanks for the replies on the NSI engine question. Sadly all the responses were
negative to say the least, which is a real shame as the plane is a fair price
and a real labour of love.

I know the NSI engine is a bit heavier and more complex with mixture/carb heat
etc, but I can live with that as long as the engine keeps running!.

I know in the early days there were reduction gear problems infact this aircraft
had two changes of box under instruction from the manufacture (and not because
anything was wrong with them.) It also split an oil seal after 5 hours, but
again the manufacture changed the engine with no quibble. It has since run for
70 hours without any problems.

Does anyone know if NSI are still in business to support the engine? I do know
that some parts can easily be purchased from the local subaru dealer.

Still undecided and looking at other options at the same time.

Thanks to all those who contributed even if it wasn't what I wanted to hear.

Kevin