Re: Do you want one????

Subject: Re: Do you want one????
From: Fred Fillinger <fillinger@ameritech.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 09:18:57
Shaun Simpkins wrote:

> On the practical side, ...For every dollar you hand over, you have a right to
> require an increment of proof of "fitness for  purpose".

A practical issue indeed, and one that can be deferred until flight
testing.  Reading airbox temp will tell you what an intercooler will
do, and it will be a function of how high altitude/temps  one expects
to typically fly.  Else, cruise flight at realistic altitudes below
about FL 200 translates to a bit better fuel efficiency.  This might
typically work out on the Europa to recovering the $600 in about 40
years at U.S. gas prices.

In June/July, 1993, Aviation Consumer magazine studied them
extensively to basically a hung jury, including considerations such as
enabling more aggressive leaning of the mixture, which we can't do on
the 914.

Regards,
Fred F.