Re: Do you want one????

Subject: Re: Do you want one????
From: Peter van Schoonhoven <pvans@pacifier.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 17:29:47
Well, this is just my opinion, but I would rather invent my own than pay
another builder $600 for his design and some hardware. This is just not in
the spirit of homebuilding to charge for  information. I doubt that Mr.
Dennis Vories has the engineering and liability support of say a Textron
(Cessna) or Bombardier (Rotax) and it just goes against my nature to pay an
individual for this type of thing. I understand that it his a wonderful
design, all debugged and all that, but that still does not do it for me. If
it were my design, I would give it away just for the knowledge that others
benefit from my talent, kind of a "imitation is the finest form of
flattery" situation.

I would hope that the homebuilding community does not devolve into this
type of thing.

My preliminary research shows you can get a heat exchanger for under $100
and some ducting can't be too much more.

That's my opinion anyway.

Peter van Schoonhoven
Battle Ground, WA
Building a Monowheel with 914 Rotax