Re: Balancing Props

Subject: Re: Balancing Props
From: Bob Fairall <bob.fairall@btinternet.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 08:24:08
Hi Martin,

I've had my prop balanced by an outfit here in the U.K. called Noel Trigg
Associates ( test2@compaqnet.co.uk or www.nta.co.uk) and I've been highly
impressed with the results on my kit 71 G-BXLK, now flying since '98. And I
will without doubt call on their services on completion of my kit 494 under
construction at this time.

I know Trigg Associates 'travel', but I guess to travel to your side of the
pond for one Europa would be impractical ........ but if they were there
already on some future occasion???????

The main point though, is that it is my understanding these helpful people
are essentially using equipment intended for helicopter rotor blade
balancing ..... and compared to the gearing set-up on the Rotax, naturally
that on a helicopter is something else! The rear of spinner washer retention
arrangement they use is also something maybe a little different to that you
describe.

Hope this may be of some help to you and regards

Bob Fairall