Re: Balancing Props

Subject: Re: Balancing Props
From: MJKTuck@cs.com
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 21:03:23
A friend of mine who lives in Udall (south of Wichita) electronically
balances engine/prop combinations.

Trouble is he doesn't think it would work on a Rotax as the gearing ratio
means that prop/engine component positions are almost always out of sync.

Anyone had this done and how did it fair? For me the easiest was to position
small washers under the bolts securing the spinner by trail and error until
it seemed smooth.

If I start getting a hint of vibration (usually the indicator is the compass
on the roof panel) I know its time to clean the bugs off the prop!

Regards,
Martin Tuck
N152MT
Wichita, Kansas