Re: Wing and Flap bonded brackets.

Subject: Re: Wing and Flap bonded brackets.
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 21:05:24
>Hi Bob,
>You don't seem to be having much luck at the moment... Just one thought on
>your suggestion, in my expereince epoxy doesn't adhere  to stainless steel,
>so relying on a mechanical bond might be unsatisfactory.
>Brian Huchinson

Hi Brian & Bob,
Epoxy doesn't reliably adhere to aluminium either, especially when
corrosion starts to creep along the interface. IMHO the best answer is the
correct anodizing process and the correct alloy. Next best would be
Alodine. A bit of redesign might be good here, (not me, not qualified
enough but Andy is) Choice of alloy and size to allow for the loss of
strength from chromic anodizing without the hot water finish treatment
would be my first approach. I think the existing parts are probably strong
enough.
Graham