Re: Advice Request

Subject: Re: Advice Request
From: europabuilder@ntlworld.com
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 01:18:17
>Dear All,
>
>I am looking for some general advice please if I may.
>
>I am keen to become a Europa owner although unfortunately building isn't an
option due to work and family commitments.

>I am therefore looking to become part of a syndicate locally if possible. I
believe I have found an exciting opportunity. A chap I have spoken too has
pretty much completed the whole kit, finished and signed off etc, except for
engine and instruments. I am trying to get an idea of how much it would now
cost to get this lovely machine in the air.

>OK so I need to budget for engine and all ancillary parts that's around
12500 inc vat, I believe, if I go for a standard prop. We would need some
help fitting the engine so could someone please suggest someone and any
ideas of how much that might cost and potential hours effort required, and
who could assist. Then instruments and trim, help needed again there, I
understand that could vary depending on individual preference. At that point
can anyone advise the process and again costs for getting it through the
permit and test flying etc. Im just trying to get a very broad view on what
is involved here.

If it's only engine and instruments you need and you're happy to use second
hand stuff, you can get it all for less than 5K.

>A lot of very open ended questions I know and any advice gratefully
appreciated, probably best off list I guess.

>I hope I don't get shot down in flames here for asking too many leading
questions.

>Obviously I intend to join the builders club, PFA etc immediately as I know
there is a vast wealth of information already available.

Cheers,
Mark.

Mark Jackson - +44 (0)7050 645590
europa-builder@ntlworld.com