Re: Magneto Leads/Firewall Penetrations

Subject: Re: Magneto Leads/Firewall Penetrations
From: TroyMaynor@aol.com
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 00:06:25
In a message dated 2/18/02 11:06:25 PM Eastern Standard Time,
fillinger@ameritech.net writes:

 <<My 914 manual sez ground the 'mag' wire shields at the engine end
only.>>

Hi Fred,
The Rotax manual is probably correct. The Europa diagram, issue 4, XS manual,
shows them grounded at the engine and in the panel. I know that the audio
wires are to be grounded at only one end.

<>

I would probaby use the smaller 3 pin connectors I mentioned for the mag
lines too, if they would work. They are metal. I could use two of the 3 pins,
one for the shield and the other for the center conductor maybe.
About the larger Amp CPC, you are right, I probably would be better off to
just get a new smaller connector. They're only about 4-7 dollars a piece.
It's the pins that cost. They're extra.
Thanks for the thoughts.
Troy