Re: Auxiliary fuel tank

Subject: Re: Auxiliary fuel tank
From: Bob Harrison <ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 07:17:35
Hi! Dave.
I have stayed within weight and balance but to only fly solo and 39 lbs max
luggage on the passenger seat , with a 9 gallon aluminium tank strapped
behind the rear tank bulkhead so I would say yes. However concerning your
question of two tanks I would envisage
that it would be necessary for two siphons ,one linking the second LR tank
to the first, and the
one linking the first to the main tank reserve side. However there begins to
be complications, say the first siphon picks up some air from the second one
I could imagine some fuel being left
over. I believe also that the Europa LR tank is shaped to fit the starboard
side against the tunnel /luggage bay well.
Regards
Bob Harrison  G-PTAG