Re: Auxiliary fuel tank

Subject: Re: Auxiliary fuel tank
From: Bob Harrison <ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 21:03:02
Hi! Ferg.
Nice to talk about something other than crap radios !!!
Presumably you are talking about the Europa Long range tank for mono wheels?
You get a replacement main tank vent assembly that retains the vent facility
and also provides an inlet facility flexible pipe that drops below the fuel
surface and reaches the bottom of the
reserve side of the main tank. You also get a siphon pump (rubber bag) with
one way valves and another piece of flexible tube which drops into the
auxiliary tank stowed in the port side luggage bay behing the rear tank
bulkhead. Connect the two together and start the siphon ,
remembering to start the siphon at commencement of each flight.
Since I have a trike and installed my own long range tank I have used the
Europa kit except the tank since they haven't produced a trike LR tank yet.
Regards
Bob Harrison.  G-PTAG