Re: Bundling of coax cables

Subject: Re: Bundling of coax cables
From: Cripps David <david.cripps@spsystems.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 08:51:54
Bob,

I was interested to read your message below. I seem to have the same problem
with
my Icom A200 - what radio do you have?

In my case I seem to get an intermittent cut-out on the receive (as if the
squelch
is cutting in and out) and I therefore only get a small amount of the info
relayed to me. The problem however seems to be worst with the 'big' radio
stations
- eg in my area: Solent radar, Bournemouth App, Bristol App and Cardiff
App. I seem to have no problem in receiving clearly from the smaller A/G's. The
problem does go away if I pull out the squelch test button but of course that
brings with it a nasty amount of other noise.

Any ideas?

David