Re: Tailplane mass balance stops

Subject: Re: Tailplane mass balance stops
From: Tom & Cathy Friedland <tfriedland@attbi.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 09:37:05
Duncan

You are absolutely right.  Serves me right for trying to think when it is late
at night or maybe I
have been sniffing too much resin.

I have been trying to think why there is a maximum downward deflection of the
stabs
and I cannot
think of any reasons!  In 40 years of flying I can think of only one time when
I needed full
negative deflection and that was an unusual circumstance.  I think now that any
limitation on the
stab movement is to limit attitude changes that will overload the wings.

Regards

Tom Friedland