Re: Audio wiring

Subject: Re: Audio wiring
From: europabuilder@ntlworld.com
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 17:20:39

> Hi,
>
> I am installing avionics at this time and am not installing an audio
panel. I plan to wire the audio outputs to a switch panel of my own
assembly. Does anyone out there know where I can find information on how to
do this? I am able to figure most of it, but am not sure about what to do
with all the grounds - i.e. audio grounds on several comms and navs.

If they are grounds, you would be best to have a central ground point near
the jacks to the mics and headphones (i.e. all audio devices use the same
ground point (for power and signals) as close to the jacks as can be, then a
wire from there to the main bus ground).  If you plan on fitting a car
stereo, be sure to check the the speaker outputs are grounds - in most
modern units, there isn't a ground for the speakers.

I'm not sure where you'll find further information, but it might be worth
checking the following sites:-

http://www.hut.fi/Misc/Electronics/
http://www.repairfaq.org/filipg/

Cheers,