Re: Audio wiring

Subject: Re: Audio wiring
From: Fred Fillinger <fillinger@ameritech.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 21:55:24
Shielded wire for each audio line (spkr, mic, and phone or other
low-level audio) is preferable.  Narco, on their newer boxes for
example, specifies shielded for all audio lines.  The reason is where
you bundle wires together, any sort of interference is possible w/o
shielding.

Regards,
Fred F.

> Hi,
>
> I am installing avionics at this time and am not installing an audio panel. I
plan to wire the audio outputs to a switch panel of my own assembly. Does anyone
out there know where I can find information on how to do this? I am able to
figure most of it, but am not sure about what to do with all the grounds - i.e.
audio grounds on several comms and navs.