RE: Audio wiring

Subject: RE: Audio wiring
From: Bob Harrison <ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 07:26:42
Hi! Dave/Cliff
When I saw the original question I thouht I hadn't any contribution since I
don't claim to any fame as a "spsrky" .However I've now thought of an
inbuilt problem of mine.
If I was to "do over" I would have completely separate circuit negative
returns to the bus bars to any "ground" connections. In other words the "the
grounding system" needs to be a separate system back to either the battery
or the engine direct.
This may go a long way to eliminate any likelyhood of radio interference
---From this direction. In my case however I have had major radio reception
problems only recently reduced (but not totally solved) by painting out the
inside of the cowl and firewall with nickel based paint to isolate the
antenae picking up magnetic interference from the alternator and ignition
magnets. I, being a "bo bo" in this field, don't know how that affects the
message below but I reckon it's good advice so some time in the future I
have a blessed rework to do.
Regards
Bob Harrison Europa 337 MKI/Jabiru 3300