Re: The Europa Rescue Service

Subject: Re: The Europa Rescue Service
From: Jim Naylor <jnaylor@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 14:39:17
I'm hoping to take this a little further than just hospitality, although I
am sure hospitality would be very much appreciated by one and all if at the
end of the day the problem could not be fixed.
The contact point is something that we have to give a lot of thought to,
some of the options are :- (a) issue a list of volunteer's to all members
and leave if up to them to find a helper when needed - problem with this,
will they have the list with them when the dreaded happens! (b) A central
coordinator, but will he/she be available 24hrs a day 365 day of the year?
(c) Several coordinators based in each country. (d) Central contact phone
number with divert as you suggest - not sure how many numbers you can divert
to on this one, but no doubt I can find out.

Any more ideas anyone?

Jim