Re: fuselage stands

Subject: Re: fuselage stands
From: europabuilder@ntlworld.com
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 19:58:47
>Dear All,
>I am at the fun stage of filling and sanding the fuselage and despite
carefully protecting the ribs of my 'dolly' I keep on ending up with creases
in the fuselage, each of which will need repairing.
>Does anyone have access to a fuselage stand (similar to Aircraft Spruce) so
that I can attach the engine frame, jack the tail and spin the fuselage for
ease of filling etc.
>As a separate idea, has anyone made a stand and has the dimensions,
drawings etc.
>Your assistance is as ever gratefully received.
>Steve Pitt #403
>PS Isn't it cold back here in England, and windy and miserable too!

Hi Steve,

You could use an engine stand for the front end (I did before I made my
current stand) which is available from Screw Fix
(http://www.screwfix.com/product.phtml?7305).  It will let you rotate what
ever you bolt to it by 360 degree's.  Then you've only got to figure out the
back end.

Cheers,
Mark.

Mark Jackson - 07050 645590