[Fwd: Re: Battery problem]

Subject: [Fwd: Re: Battery problem]
From: Alexander P. de C. Kaarsberg <kaarsber@terra.com.br>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 19:14:55

....and if you have a fwd C of G problem in doing that, a thicker cable
could if not solve the problem, then alleviate it...you can try a simple
voltage drop test, i. e. put a voltmeter on the plus lead at the starter
and battery ends, start the engine and observe the drop along the cable.
If it's high you have too much resistance and should either move the
battery or thicken the lead.

Alex

Hi!Henk
Whilst I guess you don't have a 3300 Jabiru
Installation IMHO I would cut your hassle by
moving the  battery installation to a position
front of the firewall. This will reduce the
demand power needed from the battery .
I've "been there got the "tee" shirt!
Regards and merry Christmas from Sweden
(temporarily!)
Bob Harrison  G-PTAG MKI Europa/Jabiru 3300

Quoting Henk Roelofs :

> Season greetings all,
>
> During our 200hrs of happy flying we used two
batteries and are about
> to fit the third one.
> After some 60hrs the battery loses power and
when tested, the test unit

> tells us there is a short-circuit in one of the
cells.
> We use a normal lead-acid battery positioned
aft, below the extended
> luggage bay.
> Since there is nothing wrong with the
alternator or regulator, we

> The Europa List is supported by Aviators
Network UK - info@avnet.co.uk

This mail sent through UK Online webmail