Re: Battery problem

Subject: Re: Battery problem
From: ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 19:59:51
Hi!Henk
Whilst I guess you don't have a 3300 Jabiru
Installation IMHO I would cut your hassle by
moving the  battery installation to a position
front of the firewall. This will reduce the
demand power needed from the battery .
I've "been there got the "tee" shirt!
Regards and merry Christmas from Sweden
(temporarily!)
Bob Harrison  G-PTAG MKI Europa/Jabiru 3300

Quoting Henk Roelofs <henk@loginet.nl>:

> Season greetings all,
>
> During our 200hrs of happy flying we used two
batteries and are about
> to fit the third one.
> After some 60hrs the battery loses power and
when tested, the test unit

> tells us there is a short-circuit in one of the
cells.
> We use a normal lead-acid battery positioned
aft, below the extended
> luggage bay.
> Since there is nothing wrong with the
alternator or regulator, we

> The Europa List is supported by Aviators
Network UK - info@avnet.co.uk

This mail sent through UK Online webmail