Re: Battery problem

Subject: Re: Battery problem
From: bizzarro@easynet.co.uk
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 13:36:00
Vibration seems plausable, but might it also be due to excessive
starting currents due perhaps to a fault within the starter, or a
tight engine, be causing the battery to overheat and buckle the
plates? They would probably short then

Only a suggestion!

Eddie

Quoting Henk Roelofs <henk@loginet.nl>:

> Season greetings all,
>
> During our 200hrs of happy flying we used two batteries and are
about
> to fit the third one.
> After some 60hrs the battery loses power and when tested, the test
unit

> tells us there is a short-circuit in one of the cells.
> We use a normal lead-acid battery positioned aft, below the extended
> luggage bay.
> Since there is nothing wrong with the alternator or regulator, we
> suspect vibration might be the problem.
> Any suggestions?
>
> Henk/Bart/Pieter
> Europa #264
> http://www.loginet.nl/europa/
>

> The Europa List is supported by Aviators Network UK -
info@avnet.co.uk

/////Eddie Hatcher Bill Lams Nick Crisp///////
///SouthEastLondonFlyingGroup/////////////////
www.crispsite.flyer.co.uk/newropa.htm