Re: Re: 914 - overhaul?

Subject: Re: Re: 914 - overhaul?
From: Fred Fillinger <fillinger@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 21:07:15
It's just the definition of "0 time," slang version or the FAA
version, Pete.  Per FAA, only the manufacturer can 0-time it's engine.

An overhauler can either do a new limits (gut it out), or a service
limits overhaul (replace as needed).  In both cases, it's not legally
0-timed.  Reliability of a service limits O/H depends upon who does
it, but usually means it likely won't make it to TBO second time
around.

Regards,
Fred F., A063