UV Smooth Prime

Subject: UV Smooth Prime
From: TroyMaynor@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 19:40:11
Hi Folks,
I've run into a situation I thought was no big deal, now I'm not sure.
Normally, I have been told, before you paint a primed surface you usually
wipe the surface down with something to remove any possible contaminants
introduced while handling or storing the aircraft parts. I was also aware
that you're not supposed to use a solvent based cleaner with water-borne
products like Polyfiber's UV Smooth Prime. The Prep Wipe they market is
supposed to be used on the Superfil before the application of UV Smooth
Prime. The Prep Wipe would also just wet the surface and soak into the
primer. So how do I clean my primed wings after they have been hauled down
the road to the paint shop? I called Poly-fiber and the guy said just don't
get them dirty after you've primed, yea right!
Troy