RE: Plug-In Panel

Subject: RE: Plug-In Panel
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 13:50:25

>Without doubt more reliability is obtained without plug connectors.
>Remember, for each plug/socket there are actually three connections...
>wire to plug, plug to socket and socket to wire.

The only snag with plugs is that the better the plug quality the greater
the cost of the crimp tool required. You can go for solder connections but
not all plugs accept that.

We used a single 96 way Canon ZIF plug. It was excellent but cost an awful
lot. Power busses were connected separately using brass studding through
the firewall.

Graham