Re: Heating the shop

Subject: Re: Heating the shop
From: Rowland & Wilma Carson <rowil@clara.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 11:15:42

>I am about to start my layups and I need to heat my work space.
>What methods are being used that are not permanent?

John - I use one or two 3kW electric fan heaters, to keep the
humidity down. However, these are working in the through-flow of
fresh air from a 20" fan in one end of the workshop. Plenty of
ventilation was recommended for my own health by my inspector (a
professional sailplane builder). After layup, the part gets
surrounded by a polyethylene tent with a similar thermostatic fan
heater inside, to bring the curing temp up to about 30C and the
humidity way down.

More details in my pieces in the Europa Club newsletter.

regards

Rowland